I mentioned in my last post that my Shell Border Tee was too tight, but, not to worry, I have found a solution. I took pictures for anyone who is interested.
Here is a pic of one of the culprit sleeves. The pattern asked me to knit 4 repeats of the shell border on smaller needles. Even though I ran into the same problem of the edging being too tight on the bottom border and having had to rip that back, I foolishly knit the sleeve borders without doing the math first. Of course, then they were much too small.
My solution unpick the sleeves from the body,(be careful doing this, my first sleeve went really well, but on my second I started unpicking stitches from the body! Then I had to fix the hole I made as well as graft on the new sleeve!!)
Reknit the sleeves, with one extra pattern repeat, and then decrease to get the same amount of stitches on the sleeve as on the body. (I forgot to take a picture of the new sleeve, but it looked exactly like this one except bigger.)
Graft. My grafting looks like crap, but I was concentrating so hard on the grafting part, that the being neat part went to sleep.
Neaten up my slopping grafting one slow stitch at a time. I think it looks fine now, and hopefully look better after it's washed a few times.
And here's a preview of the sleeve, pre-blocked. It fits very nicely now. You can see how my decreasing from the 70 stiches on the edging to the 60 stitches on the body gave the sleeve a bit of flare. I like it! I am going to do that again on something, it's cute.
Fiona's cute, too. She was hilarious when I was taking this picture. She's so happy when she is being fed :-)