So about this time last year, I started a sweater.
It didn't work out so well. Let's just say I didn't get gauge. Not even close.
Since looking like an overstuffed pink sausage isn't a huge obsession of mine, I planned to frog the sweater and try again some day.
But some one else tried the sweater on and decided it was pretty nice.
The only problem, I made this sweater to fit me and that included my hips. Kaelen doesn't have any hips to speak of, so there's a funky little flare going on with this sweater.
I plan to fix this with steeks, I think it will work, the yarn is sticky and doesn't like to frog, so it should be fine.
Yeah, of course she's happy she just scored my sweater!!
So some details, the pattern is Anastasia by Shana Norris. This is a really nice pattern. It was well written and fun to knit. If it fit it would be a favorite, I'm sure :-)
The yarn is Nashua Creative Focus Worsted in, I think, Carnation.
The yarn wasn't my favorite, it's a 25/75 alpaca wool blend but it really doesn't have a lot of stretch. Made my hands tired after a while.
I do like the fuzziness the alpaca gives to the cables. They don't pop, but they are soft and pretty.
Anyways, it's nice to have a loser project redeemed, I'm happy.