Since this is kind of a boring finished knit to show off Jarvis helped to liven things up. The blanket took 4 skeins of Blue Sky Cotton in Thistle and I did run out of yarn. I made a few small modifications that ate up a bit more yarn, but if your knitting this be aware that using the recommended yardage will be cutting it pretty close. The mods I made were I added a purl row after picking up stitches for the ruffle, I just think it looks better that way rather than going straight into the eyelets. Also, I made my eyelets on the ruffles by making pinhole increases rather than yarn overs. My yarn overs looked really sloppy on such big needles and I wasn't impressed. I liked the pinhole increase better, but it probably was what ate up the extra yarn. The Blue Sky Cotton is so loverly soft, I think it's perfect for next to a small babies skin. I ended up just washing it in the sink and laying it flat to dry, it turned out well, maybe next time I will brave the dryer for part of the drying time.