The snowflake mittens are done. Whew, these little guys were really a bit of a pain in the bottom. It's not the patterns fault or anything, I am just inexperienced with fair isle and it took me a few tries to get something presentable. You can kind of see how one mitten is thinner than the other, that is mitten number one. He was ripped back twice before I finally finished him. And then he ended up being way too long, so was cut in half and reknit shorter. Then I decided I wanted to do a tubular bind off, and even though I have done it before, this time when I opened Montse Stanley's book, I couldn't figure out what the heck she was talking about. I finally ended up putting the purls and knits on two separate needles, and using Stitch'n Bitch's directions for kitchener stitch and some directions by Lucy Neatby to figure out what I was doing.
The second mitten was also ripped once, as my first try produced a mitten twice as wide as the first! I am pleased with them now and Fiona seems to like them. The yarn is more of the Laines du Nord Baby Star I used for her Miss Dashwood and some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for the snowflake. I doubled both to get gauge, but the Cashmerino was a bit thicker that the Baby Star so that just added to my fair isle woes!!